Lift For Life Academy is a public charter school, serving nearly 900 students who come from throughout the City of St. Louis. Currently, it is estimated that the average cost gap between the most basic educational offerings funded by the government and our students’ actual needs is $1,200 per student each year. Philanthropy from our donors is vital to closing this gap so that LFLA can provide a learning experience that meets the individual needs of each student.
INVESTING IN STUDENT SUCCESS PROGRAM
Our Investing in Student Success Program provides funding that ensures a positive learning environment that integrates academics with a nurturing support system for students and their families.
A few highlights of our Investing in Student Success Program include:
- Smaller class sizes, which allows focus on development and academic needs while creating a family like atmosphere
- Twice-monthly professional development for teachers and administrators
- Our Trauma Assistance Program, which helps students develop emotional survival skills to help them improve their daily functioning, both socially and behaviorally.
- DASH (Dedicated Advocates for Student Health), peer mentors who are trained to recognize signs of mental health issues in their fellow students.
- Continued development of the SOAR (Student Opportunity, Autonomy and Relevance) Program, which exposes students to different career pathways through project-based learning.