Admissions & Enrollment
EDUCATE, EMPOWER, and UPLIFT are Lift For Life Academy’s three Pillars of Excellence and are the basis for shaping the school culture
The Academy provides your child with the knowledge, skills and confidence to graduate from high school and pursue their passion, whether that be advanced education, technical training, a career in the workforce, or the military.
Preschool (age 3-5)
Lift For Life Academy offers early childhood through our fantastic Preschool partners. Students applying from Preschool must be between the ages of 3-5. The student applicant must be at least 3 by July 31st, 2024, and fully potty trained to participate with our partners this upcoming school year.
Early childhood education can be the difference between being left behind and leading the way. At SouthSide, we’ve been helping kids become unstoppable for over 130 years. We know that early childhood education can be the difference between being left behind and leading the way. We are an early childhood center that creates equitable and inclusive learning opportunities and support services for all children and families. We work alongside families to eliminate bias and actively strive for an antiracist approach to all our practices, programs, policies, and platforms. We put our mission into action through our four pillars of education, health, connection, and thought leadership.
Beginning Futures Learning Center provides high-quality early childhood care and education while strengthening families through parent engagement and education. Beginning Futures lays the foundation for lifelong learning in a STEAM-enriched environment. Our program cultivates multiple intelligences while bridging home, school, and community. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment that maximizes brain development by implementing educational curricula that allow children to learn through exploration and play!
Our childcare offers programs for children from birth to six years of age. Our dedicated, well-trained staff members provide the best possible start in life for each child, and the cost of care is based on a family’s ability to pay. We are licensed and accredited, and a partner of Head Start and Early Head Start. We use a creative, play-based curriculum approved by the State of Missouri and Federal funders. It’s a head start sanctioned curriculum, and activities are centered around experiential learning.We occasionally take the children on field trips to points of interest in St. Louis, giving children the opportunity to expand their awareness of the community they live in.
Elementary School (K-4th)
"We want our students to see themselves reflected in the excellence all around them. When you walk into our school you will see our halls filled with images of black excellence. In our classrooms, you will see students reading books written by black authors featuring black characters. At our fine arts showcases, you will see art pieces inspired by the work of African American artists and music written by black composers."
-Dr. Thomas Devitt, LFLA Elementary School Principal
Middle School (5th-8th)
"Teachers have the freedom to facilitate learning experiences to enhance what is taught in classrooms. Ms. Jackson, the Coordinator of School Culture and Student Affairs, planned multiple incentive opportunities that reinforced high behavioral and academic expectations for all. Ms. Johnson, the Student Support Specialist, worked with students to self-regulate their emotions when they get frustrated. She also invited outside vendors to expose our school community to small, black-owned businesses, in an effort to spark their entrepreneurship spirit. At Lift For Life Academy Middle School, we are all about educating the whole child."
-Dr. Alicia Leathers, LFLA Middle School Principal
High School (9th-12th)
"Lift For Life Academy’s High School curriculum is designed to provide students with the solid academic foundation they need to be successful in their chosen pursuits after high school. Coursework prepares students for the content and rigors of college, technical training programs, the military, as well as the demands of today’s workplace. Whether the experiences are in or out of the classroom, teachers work hard to make the curriculum challenging, relevant, positive, and meaningful to our students."
-Mr. Jeff Edwards, LFLA High School Principal
General Enrollment FAQs
Who needs to apply?
- Students who are attending school for the first time
- Students who are new to Lift For Life Academy (this includes transferring students and new sibling applicants)
- Students who were previously not accepted in a prior year
Who does not need to apply?
- Students currently enrolled with Lift For Life Academy and wish to continue with the promotion pattern to the next grade level do not need to submit a new application. Parents of continuing students may update their information using the demographic page in the Parent Portal in PowerSchool. Reach out to our enrollment team if you need further assistance.
What is an enrollment lottery?
- The enrollment lottery is a process we implement to ensure every student has a fair opportunity to join us here at Lift For Life. When new students apply, their names are entered into our system, which randomly places students into accepted seats or on the waitlist following our enrollment rules. Once we complete a round of the lottery, families are notified if they have been accepted or placed on the waitlist for that school year. Families will then have 10 business days to confirm their acceptance and complete online registration. All notifications of acceptance will occur through the email provided on the application. Please ensure that you use a current and accessible email when applying.
We make the best effort to move students off the waitlist if a spot becomes available following the order that they have been waitlisted. To keep this process fair and unbiased, all families must resubmit an application every year if they have not been accepted previously and enrolled.
What actions and materials do I need to enroll?
Once you have completed online registration for new students, we will need the following documents:
- Birth certificate
- Proof of Residency (a Recent Utility Bill or similar correspondence)
- Parent State Identification Card (ID)
- Current Immunization Records
Who is eligible to attend LFLA?
- Any child living in the City of St. Louis is eligible to apply to LFLA